(function() { var b=window,f="chrome",g="tick",k="jstiming";(function(){function d(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,d,c){var e=void 0!=c?c:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[e,d];if(void 0==c)try{b.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(h){}};this[g]("start",null,a)}var a;b.performance&&(a=b.performance.timing);var n=a?new d(a.responseStart):new d;b.jstiming={Timer:d,load:n};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart,h=a.responseStart;0=c&&(b[k].srt=h-c)}if(a){var e=b[k].load;0=c&&(e[g]("_wtsrt",void 0,c),e[g]("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",h),e[g]("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null, b[f]&&b[f].csi&&(a=Math.floor(b[f].csi().pageT),e&&0=d&&b[k].load[g]("aft")};var l=!1;function m(){l||(l=!0,b[k].load[g]("firstScrollTime"))}b.addEventListener?b.addEventListener("scroll",m,!1):b.attachEvent("onscroll",m); })();

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fresh Crab


'Tis Crab season here in Northern California. The Boy recently made a new friend and apparently the guy has a "dingy" and Crab pots. They ended up with 80 crabs from Bodega Bay; however there is a limit to what you can keep- so they only brought home 15. I ended up with 2!

I've determined that the season is still a tad early because these didn't taste as sweet as what I get from my local fish monger in Late December. Ah well, a bottom feeder is a bottom feeder, and my tummy was delighted.


After picking the crab from the shell (the crab has been boiled already by the guys, and sliced down the center with the shell and gooey parts removed) I transferred it to a nice clean dish. In a small dish for dipping sauces I melted a bit of salted butter and squeezed a lemon into the dish. Paired it with a bottle of 2002 Thomas Fogarty Chardonnay from the Santa Cruz Mountains. The oak, the butter, the slight crisp acidity to the Chardonnay made for a delicious meal.


* Photo credit to SFGate.com

1 Comments:

Blogger obachan said...

Hi
Nice pic! This crab is really photogenic, isn’t it? Here we eat crabs more commonly with Japanese style dipping sauce, but I did try it with melted butter when I was in the U.S. and loved it so much! I miss that… here melted butter is not hard to get, but good crabs are… They are REALLY expensive!
Talking about dipping sauce, I posted an entry about some Japanese sauces and liquid seasonings on my site. Hope you like it. ;)

November 12, 2005 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home