(function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Easy Peasy Salad




So, right... thats not a salad, but it is my friend Suzanne's Kitchen. She's got amazing style. I believe a Kitchen is the heart of ones home, and I love the life that she's breathed into hers.

I made the best Salad ever, inspired by good 'ol Jaime Oliver, who's TV shows I sorely miss (and not just becuase i have the tiniest insignificant crush on him. When I can't have him Tyler Florence will do). Speaking of which, Jamie has a new book and TV show coming out about his adventures while traveling through Italy. I'm all over this one. He's the first cookbook author who's books I truly read cover to cover in one sitting. ( I used to have a VW just like that...)


Easy Peasy Salad
Field greens, or lettuce of choice
shredded carrots
1 Apple (I used the last of the 3 Fuji I bought on Sunday)
Olive Oil
lemon Juice
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Amounts will vary depending on how many people you have to feed. Shredding the carrots is important, as they will sink to the bottom of your bowl if left in large heavy pieces and you'll be left with 1/2 a cup of carrots after all the other goodies in your salad bowl have been eaten.

Toasted Walnuts would have been decadent with it.
Toss and serve, Pepper is crucial on the apples, be generous with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous suzy said...

Yum! That salad sounds delicious. I love Jamie's recipes... usually pretty simple and very good.

October 31, 2005 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home