(function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Don't mess with the classics.

This weekend was extremely busy, involving little to no time for culinary excursions. Friday blurred by, but before that was the PIQF, Pacific International Quilt Festival. My mother and I went together and I got it in my head to make a baby quilt for friends.
Saturday I went wedding dress shopping with my best friend and Sunday was a quilt class at a near by shop, my mother and aunt attended with me.


Somewhere in between I had a moment of what I can only call- a Foodgasim. A moment of pure appreciation an delight based solely on the consumption of a single beverage:
A Starbucks ‘Tall Non-Fat Latte’. Blended into a velvety blanket of creamy decadence. Steamed foam made to perfection. A dash of cinnamon and nutmeg that I stirred in lovingly and tenderly so as to not break the delicate air pockets in the steamed milk.

There was once a time in my life when starbucks was a sign of civilization. When traveling in Europe, Kyoto, Ueno in Tokyo- I'd drag my traveling partner into starbucks for a hot cup of 'home'. It made me feel terribly American, and Worldy at the same time.

After one sip I was reeling. I wanted to go back into the store and hug the Barista.Then again, I thought that might be going a bit far- after all, I HAD skipped lunch that day. So it may have been that I was just really hungry.
Never the less, I pay tribute here to my latte, as it poses outside my front door with my Pumpkin. Truly, there is perfection in the classics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home