(function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Confessions of the Seasonally Obsessed

Latte Report for Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ever pursuing my unnecessary quest to try every single gimmicky Pumpkin Spiced retail sensation available: I present to you the
"Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte,
Version Nonfat, No Whip, Tall."

I had psyched myself up for this one. After a summer of abstaining from the over sugared yet alluring nonsense of the Green Tea Matcha Iced Frappe-whatever, I decided to go for it this morning. I'm not big on eating a lot of sugar; I usually go out of my way to avoid it. preferring natural sugars to refined, such as honey and maple syrup. But it was more like a cruel torture, to have denied my self the pleasure of sampling a Matcha Iced frappe-thingy. As the summer temperatures rose in my little Honda while I sped around town I passed one Starbucks after another. Depressed, hot and sticky with thoughts about the refreshing treat i was missing out on.

Realizing life is short, this morning was the perfect set up for the latte experience. (Can you tell I take my coffee pretty seriously?) It was overcast, slight chill in the air, wind was about 11 mph due North, with a slight tease of rain in the air. Damn near perfect conditions for a pre Halloween Pumpkin Spice treat. To Starbucks I drove.

What I ended up with was creamy, orange, warm milk with the taste of squash. Where the heck was my shot of espresso? Hello? I'm sure it was in there... but I'll never know because of the lingering aftertaste of spoiled acorn squash in the back of my palate. Did that stop me from drinking it all? Hell no. I paid $3.10 for that orange squash milk.

Latte experience grade: C-, with nice intention.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, what a disappointment! I know you were really looking forward to that latte. Maybe your hopes were too high?

October 20, 2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Sara, The Wine Makers Wife said...

I think so. I guess I was expectign something like the caramal apple cider that they make during the christmas season, that is WONDERFUL. I expected my pumpkin spice to be just as exceptional.

October 20, 2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home