(function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Boy's Zin Review



The Boy Reviews Martella Zinfandell, 2003

Scaring the hell out of me by coming home at 6pm sharp yesterday, The Boy handed me a bottle of wine as consolation.
I love that in a man.
He usually pulls into the driveway at 7:30pm only to leave again for another 40 minutes of Punch Down. So while I was creating my own culinary disaster in my Emerilware pots with Japanese WoodEar Mushrooms- well I just wasn't expecting anyone to walk into my kitchen.


Michael Martella is the Boys idol and also one of his many mentors. After a job well done today Martella handed The Boy a bottle of his 2003 Zin and sent him home a full hour and half early.

We opened it and I let mine sit for a full 2 hours before consumption- Ok I lied, I was sipping it here and there playing ,official Drinking Buddy, Cheryl's favorite game of "Let's see how it changes in the glass over time."

It was really a wine that needed to be decanted for an hour ahead of time, bare minimum. Its just that big.

The Boy:
A bit tannic, nice medium to heavy body, gorgeous garnet red color, the nose is beautiful. Set with ripe cherries, white pepper, and buttery crumbly blackberry tart. Great mouth feel, finish is lingering and playful. Drink now or lay down for 5-7 years.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredibly gorgeous photograph!

You should consider making a calendar or something.

October 20, 2005 1:16 PM  
Anonymous One of the Aunties said...

And I spy a SweetScents candle!

October 20, 2005 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home